Décès d'un ressortissant anglais en france

aline85 Messages postés 8 Date d'inscription dimanche 27 avril 2008 Statut Membre Dernière intervention 29 avril 2008 - 29 avril 2008 à 12:14
 charentemaid - 28 juin 2008 à 14:29
Bonjour,
Un ami anglais, résidant en France depuis 13 ans, vient de décéder, quelles démarches doit faire dans l'urgence, sa femme anglaise, ils sont propriétaires de leur logement en france, mais mariés en Angleterre, ils ont 4 enfants majeurs de nationalité anglaise, doivent-ils se rapprocher en priorité du consulat?

Merci de votre aide

Aline

1 réponse

charentemaid
28 juin 2008 à 14:29
Aline - I'll reply to you in English if that's OK - I have just helped an English friend where her husband died so have some little experience in the matter. Did your friend's husband die in France? If he did then she will have declared this at the Mairie I assume. When my friend's husband died the Mayor contacted the consul and all they wanted was a copy of the bulletin de deces. She presumably has seen a notaire? Did they buy the house as joint owners or did they buy en tontine - that seems to make some difference. And what about other things like the car - whose name is on the carte grise?

Not sure if this is helpful or not - but it was what my friend had to sort out.